1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I went skydiving. I thought I would just do it once to conquer my fear. But I’d totally be down for doing it again.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Of the 8 things I had on my list, I stuck with 2 of them. One of them that will definitely be on my list again next year is pushing my personal boundaries.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. My high school best friend.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother passed away on NYE last year. But I don’t think anyone died in 2011.
5. What places did you visit?
One of the new places I visited was Tampa.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Better organizational skills
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 1 – Skydiving.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I faced my fear of heights and falling.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I haven’t let things go as easily as I had hoped.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. I’m still paying off my gall bladder surgery from last year!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bike trainer. I WILL be riding more in 2012.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
hmmm, I don’t know that I can think of any body who went above and beyond this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The people I stayed with in Tampa. Kids: Don’t drink and drive. And don’t call those who don’t “boring ninjas”.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I spent a lot of money traveling this year. But I have saved more this year than other years so it couldn’t have been too much!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My pork trip to Louisville with a friend.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Brett Dennen’s “Sidney”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
roughly the same
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Going to shows
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2011?
Christmas Eve was spent seeing the Muppets. Christmas Day was spent with family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I stopped watching a lot of current television, but the show I’m most eager to catch on Hulu is Parenthood.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2011?
I spent it eating Indian food with friends and rocking out to They Might Be Giants.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What did you want and get?
I wanted happiness and I sure got it.
26. What did you want and not get?
I kinda wanted a Nook Tablet, but I’m kinda glad I didn’t get it either.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
The best film I saw this year was Inception.
28. Did you make some new friends this year?
Yep. I’m excited by my new group!
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I wish I had more patience to deal with people. My fuse definitely got shorter this year.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I tried to embrace being girly again.
31. What kept you sane?
My friend, Kara. She’s probably tired of listening to me but she never shows it.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I gave in and admitted that Ryan Gosling was one handsome fella.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
New York giving gays the right to vote!
34. Who did you miss?
I always miss my dad. Always.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
I cannot always be in control.