So why have hipsters latched onto librarians? Because we’re losers, at least in the public’s mind. Ask anyone with French tip nails and a frappuccino, and they’ll pretty much describe us as the Amy Winehouse of occupations: people with odd hair and odder interests. We’re crazy cat lady of professions, except we don’t smell like cat pee. Most of the time. But to those whose idea of the perfect day is having a quote from The Aeneid inked in Latin onto their forearm after scoring the perfect cardigan from Goodwill (preferably one designed for the opposite sex), a librarian is the personification of their post-millennial aspirations.
- RT @zemkat: Holley: Between 50-75% of current titles published in the United States are self-published (wow!) #ovgtsl17 3 days ago
- Nice to see @skeskali quoted in the keynote this morning. #OVGTSL17 4 days ago
- RT @zemkat: Terry Reese: Why, when data has value to us, do we hoard it? (People want other people's info to be free, their own valuable) #… 4 days ago
- RT @ReadWriteLib: Babson Survey top three reasons why OERs aren't used: not enough resources in subject, hard to find and no comprehensive… 4 days ago
- Just got word my poster presentation was accepted for the Access Services Conference in November. Atlanta people, let's meet up. 4 days ago